Friday, May 06, 2005

The ONE thing I like about the place that I am teaching

This is the only thing I like about the place that I am teaching:
It's small size.

Today, when one teacher went on a field trip with her classes, 21 students were absent. In a typical school of 1000 or more, this would not even change most of the classes that happen in a day. At my school, half of the student body is not here. That means instead of having 10 students in a class, I have only 5. It makes everything much better on my stress level.

Those of you you who know who I am (granted, since this is my first post, not many) you know what type of students I attempt to teach here in NC. For those of you who don't, lets just say that 90% of my students are not the brightest lightbulbs in the billboard.

But anyway, I still had to "write up" one student today, as my class of two went to the library to do research. They had a specific job, with a specific set of directions, and my special person decided to throw a mouse pad for no real reason. Don't ask me why, as I have stopped trying to figure out why any of them do the things that they do...

3 PreHaloscan:

Blogger Paul Burgess said...

Welcome, sir! And thanks for your kind remark over at my blog the other day.

BTW, consider yourself blogrolled! :-)

10 May, 2005 05:00  
Blogger Nerwen76 said...

welcome to the blog world!! I look forward to reading some more about your students.... LOL... *just a thought..it was kinda hard to read the text over the bright spots in your background...* keep writing...

10 May, 2005 05:43  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

We're working on the text color problem.
The HTML-knowledged person in the house (aka me) is trying to write her thesis, and hasn't had a chance to experiment with colors for the text yet. Probably be able to fix it over the weekend :)

10 May, 2005 08:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home