Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Why oh why...

I have continuously been in the Southern California area for a whole week. I have been watching the news here, and I easily realized that all of the news can be effectively done in about 1 hour. If you are not familiar with the areas TV stations, there are 7 non-PBS stations that have news coverage. KCAL 9, has about 5 full hours of non-news a day, complete with 3 different anchors per hour, and a helicopter for the "Late Breaking" news of car chases (they should be a show in and of themselves) conducted by the CHP and other assorted law enforcement agencies. They have a 15 minute segment about Hollywierd and the SAG, and any stupid movies that might be coming out that week. They talk about yesterdays, if not last weeks, news. Nothing of real importance comes out of the local news except weather and sports. I used to rely on the local news for all of my news needs, and occasionally look at the national news for one or two national things. Now I have to rely on the national news for my whole news needs...shit!

But wait - there's more...

My favorite part of the news - weather - totally sucks here. The weather people here, regardless of their employer, suck ass!!! They seem to all be just reading off of a teleprompter and don't have a real clue as to how to use their own equipment (half of the time they are standing in front of the information that is up on their blue screen) or how to even think independently. I found out that there have been 9 named storms (as of Wednesday) and the last one I had heard about was Dennis. WTF!! Those are big events, and we heard every one while I was in NC. I think that I could do a better job - at least I would know what a cumulus cloud is. I really wish that we had Greg Fishel who is the WRAL weather guy and a real meterologist to boot. Well, that is all for today, I think. Have a great day!

1 PreHaloscan:

Blogger Mr. E said...

The thing is Ben, I would rather hear about that than that Sheehan whack-job.

18 August, 2005 22:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home