Monday, October 31, 2005

I thought that this was Halloween???

Jesus H. MF'ing Christ (I know that I am now going to hell...), I am certain that it is the 31st of October. It is now 7:00 and we have not seen a soul come to our place. I even made sure that the front gate was open and wedged so the kids that wanted to come in could do so easily. But no, we have a large bag of chocolate candy, and no one to eat it but me. DW enjoys them but not as much as the candy that is in our freezer. With all of the houses in this part of the suburb of LA that I live in, also with the number that are decorated for the evening, I thought that we would be filled to the gills with children and their parents.

But no, we have not seen a soul, except for the Chineese Food delivery man that we called for food this evening. I am extremely disappointed. Is this a sign of the times, or has "trick-and-treating" gone way of the dodo? I am pretty sure that it is due to the fact that this day fell on a Monday, and the God forsaken Jesus freeks (I was one at one time, so I can call them that) have sworn off this beloved holiday, so that there is no one in the neighborhood actually "celebrating" it.

Oh well, fuck it, I guess that I will just give out more candy for my students in the near future, or become a larger cash-cow for my eventual dentist.

I better not have a bunch of zombies in all of my classes tomorrow, seeing as they were not coming to my door.

0 PreHaloscan:

Post a Comment

<< Home