Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rain!!!

For all of you non-So. Cal'ers out there, it actually rained (OMG... imagine that) this morning in my part of the south valley. It was a nice relaxing sort of sound, and was a decent change from the heat and h*ll that is living here in the summer.

Another good thing - I repaired the gutter that hangs on the back part of our house, which apparently had not been attached to the house when it was installed. This was initially a surprise, as we found this out a month after we moved in and there was another freak rainstorm that almost ruined some stuff that was on our porch. But with all of the other rinky-dink sh-tuff that we found out after we bought the house, I am not surprised.

Anyway, I looked outside today, before CTG and I went to her work (I gave a lecture to her Bio class on Earth History) and everything seemed to be good, except where there was a small hole in the gutter that was designed to anchor it in a different position. It will be siliconed closed this weekend.

I hope that it comes back tonight, as the cooling was nice. Unfortunately, I have to clean up the exterior of the house, where the trees dropped all of their leaves in our yard. I might just run the lawn mower with the bag on to help with this little problem next weekend. I mowed on Tuesday and edged the yard Wednesday, so it would be overkill to do something about it tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

0 PreHaloscan:

Post a Comment

<< Home