Sunday, October 08, 2006

Out and about...

Here we are, I am at the inlaws, for the weekend. I had to grade what seemed to be a "ton" of work and I find that this was practically nothing. I got it done in a few hours. The bad thing is, is that the little kiddies are still not doing so hot. I told all of them that they were not doing well, and that they needed to get their work done and turned in for my class. Only a very few actually took me up on that offer and are in a place where I can honestly say that they are working hard enough to pass their Earth Science course. I wonder what will be said in a week and a half when the kiddies come home to their report cards... They also know that there is a test next week, that will be very hard on them if they do not look at their notes. I hope that they think about what they are doing.

I was watching the football again this weekend, and I see that ESPN dingbats still are not giving USC the proper respect that they deserve. They keep on placing SEC teams in the 2nd place spot that keep on getting beat by other teams. After this weeks games, they are trying to insert University of Florida as the #2 behind Ohio St. (of which deserves to be there). The non-con's that UF played this year are: 1) SMU (crap), 2)UCF (crap), 3)Western Carolina (1-AA crap), and 4)Florida St. (who suck THIS year). USC beat Arkansas (who just spanked Auburn's ass), Nebraska (arguably one of the better big 12 teams), and will play Notre Dame in November. USC is still winning, and have only lost 1 game in 3 seasons (2 in four). Yet, they are still ranked 3rd by ABC sports as a whole... HMMM..... What the Fuck are they smoking? Because I think that I might want some of it. It might be beneficial to my students anyway because I might start grading easier...

It just can't be East Coast bias, or the fact that USC has a "weaker" conference schedule. Florida squeeked out of a game with Tennessee by one point... USC can't help it if Stanford, Arizona St, and Oregon St. can't recruit the "top" players. Anybody who schedules 1-AA schools doesn't deserve a top 2 ranking. That is the argument that many of the same dingbats made in years past for keeping LSU and other schools out of the national championship games.

:)

Labels: , ,

0 PreHaloscan:

Post a Comment

<< Home