Sunday, April 15, 2007

What the fuck is up with some people?

If you haven't heard, I am totally pissed off. Work has been off for a week due to spring break, and I am not mad at that for a change. My DW and I have been in the hunt for a house here in our neck of the woods and we seemed to find one that suited our needs quite well, AND in our assumed price range.

The house sits on the market for 3 weeks. There are NO offers on it. we make an offer, that was thought to be a good beginning bid, not only by our agent, but by the owners agents as well. From what we gathered, at least half of the owners felt that we were out of our fucking minds when we offered what seemed to them as an "insulting" bid. They seem to be smoking something that makes them seem like they are in a market that is still peaking (as it was about 24 months ago).


We wait the 3 days as was dictated in our offer, only to find out that they didn't like the bid. They sent back the offer, with their changes made in marked pen, while crossing out our numbers and contingencies to the sale. And to gall us even more, they increased the price by a whopping $10,000. Oh, and by the way, they also demanded 3% up front in CASH. I know that these terms might seem ok to someone out there that just might read this, but if we had that kind of cash just lying around, we would be in the market for a MUCH BETTER piece of property.

So I ranted with this at secondbreakfast.net You will know who I am, if you want to read the rant. I am not too much better since I wrote that, but seething inside is the best thing that I seem to be able to do right now.

We drove by today, while looking at a different piece of property in that neighborhood. They still had up the for sale sign, and there wasn't any business going on at the residence. I think that they lost their only buyers in us for a very long time. I just hope that no one else has their eye on that piece of property. I want them to squirm for another month when they realize that they fucked up royally. We might not be in the market for a house by that time, and I don't foresee them getting a better price than what we offered in the next few months.

Labels: ,

0 PreHaloscan:

Post a Comment

<< Home